The SHIELD Act does not give a list of specific things that people have to do in order to keep the information safe. However, if your business has a data security program, then you are considered to be in compliance with the SHIELD Act. You can talk to Syncronet in order to determine exactly what needs to be done in order to keep the data secure. HR managers can do the following.
- Teaching employees ways to keep information secure.
- Assessing the security risks and properly maintaining them
- Destroying private information in a secure manner
There are also some things that employers can do in order to ensure that employees abide by the guidelines.
- Training employees on security issues.
- Helping employees assess security risks
- Making sure that HR information is destroyed.
Furthermore, it is important for you to get professional IT services. They will not only help you keep your information secure, but they can also help you if the information gets compromised. Managed IT services will also allow you to run your business more efficiently. Your staff members will be more productive if all of the equipment and technology are working the way that they should.
You must be logged in to post a comment.